This is a new role in the company. As a Technical Writer, you will be responsible for producing high quality user manuals and technical documentation for the company’s product offerings. It is also desirable that you contribute significantly to the introduction of tools to automate document production.
It is envisaged that you will have the below responsibilities, but as the role evolves, the responsibilities may also evolve over time;
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Airtel’s products and associated documentation re-quirements.
- Produce high-quality User Manuals and Technical Documentation that is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Review the content and quality of technical documentation to ensure its fitness for purpose.
- Develop and maintain a documentation tool chain that generates software requirements, design, test and other documentation from various content sources.
- Manage the documentation review and update cycle.
- Interact with engineers for gathering technical content.
- Champion Technical Publications standards and best practices.
- Research new trends in documentation and provide insight into style, processes, and tools.
- Provide technical writing advice to Sale and Marketing.
Ideally, you will have:
- Excellent written skills in English
- Proven working experience in technical writing and editing of software documentation.
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Experience using documentation preparation systems such as LaTeX is desirable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Basic familiarity with software development
- University degree in one of the following preferred: Language and Linguistics, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
A competitive salary is on offer commensurate with experience, together with a generous pension and health insurance plan.
How to apply
If you are an experienced Technical Writer and are looking for a role that requires initiative and drive within an innovative, small team setting, we would love to hear from you.
For further information, please get in touch with Siofra Oliver on 01-2147471/ firstname.lastname@example.org.